Monday, November 10, 2008

Obama it is Miss Cardenas

A few weeks ago my fellow classmate, Adrianna Cardenas, pleaded with her readers to "Vote for Obama". In her posting, Adrianna focused on what was then, the upcoming presidential election. She used the controversial War in Iraq to try and persuade voters to vote for Barack Obama. Her logic, although she never mentions John McCain in her writing, she obviously intended to link John and current president George W. Bush. With record low approval ratings, Bush is not someone you want to be associated with in an election. I think the angle she took and the subject she picked helps her argument. In my opinion, I think actually naming John McCain would have helped paint a clearer picture of her reasoning. Also, she should have touched on other issues besides just focusing on the war. With the last eight year having been what they have been, there is a lot of material to work with. I think perhaps talking about the economy and how McCain and Bush have similar ideologies would have sealed the deal in Miss Cardenas' persuasive effort to encourage a "Vote For Change". Overall I thought it was a well presented argument and I whole-heartedly agree that Obama is a change for the better. Well done Miss Cardenas.

No comments: